|Novel Pipe Clamp
Each year I tune my Busker Senior organ just before Xmas. This year I found
one bass pipe that had a double tone when blown. It seemed to me that it
was caused by a wrongly placed upper lip. The hole was very small and
when I built the organ I wondered if it was OK. But it worked for 7 years
I did not have much time to get the pipe out and do the job. So I tried to
get the lip out with a small screwdriver. It came out perfectly and
I trimmed the size. Because I had no rubber bands and it was hard to
get that all in place, I found another clamping method.
I used little clamps that I normally use for gluing things together. But
now I used them the other way round. So it gave pressure between the
mitered pipe and the lip. Maybe this is a useful hint.